The Ball Is Square brings you the latest daily scoop on all things football!
- Rayan Cherki, a 20-year-old French striker for Lyon whose contract expires in June 2025, is being monitored by both Manchester United and Newcastle United.
- Bruno Fernandes, 29, a midfielder for Manchester United and Portugal, is starting to come into focus as a possible January target for Saudi Pro League teams.
- England and Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips, 27, is on the shortlist of players that Liverpool and Newcastle want to sign in January.
- With a long-standing interest in German offensive midfielder Florian Wirtz, Manchester City observed the 20-year-old on Saturday as his Bayer Leverkusen team defeated Hoffenheim.
- Although West Ham has only won one of their last seven Premier League games, manager David Moyes is safe from being fired. However, it seems doubtful that the 60-year-old will receive a contract extension before it expires in the summer of 2020.
- When Jude Bellingham, a 20-year-old midfielder for Real Madrid and England, was at Birmingham City, former Chelsea manager Frank Lampard claims the club’s board refused him the opportunity to sign him.